The successful candidate will perform a variety of HR Functions but will focus a signficant part of their time reviewing employee training needs and developing short and long-term plans.
- Under direction of HR Leader, responsible for performing a variety of HR functions which may include: benefit administration, performance and compensation management, recruiting/staffing, employee relations, implementation of policies and procedures, training, HRIS support and employee communications
- Communicate HR policies and procedures
- Daily employee relations liaison
- May handle terminations and corrective action issues
- Assist with investigations involving harassment, EEOC, and similar types of claims ensuring legal compliance, as directed
- Comply with all state and federal regulations
- Assist in administering the compensation program including the execution of the annual performance appraisal process
- Communicate benefit policies and changes
- Coordinate open enrollment activities
- Working with third-party provider, research and resolve complex employee benefit problems and questions
- Administer leaves of absence, FMLA, workers’ compensation and STD/LTD processes
- Assist managers in conducting needs analysis for open positions
- Source candidates using a variety of methods (i.e., Internet, career fairs, colleges, etc) from both internal and external sources
- May process new hires and onboard all new employees
- Ensure timely submittal and processing of employee data via HRIS systems (original new hire data and changes, as appropriate)
- Compile statistical reports for the department or regulatory agencies (i.e.EEO, AAP, OSHA, internal audit teams, etc)
- Work closely with payroll department
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Work closely with management at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and 2+ years of experience in human resource management
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues
- Ability to research and analyze various different type of data information
- Ability to make recommendations to effectiveness resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of various software packages (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ADP, etc)
- MS Office skills required HRIS experience preferred
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
At Keeley Companies, we believe in empowering our people and fulfilling career aspirations. With countless opportunities for advancement, and a world-class family culture that is centered around creating the best possible environment for our people to thrive, L. Keeley is a career destination.
We are offering an exciting career opportunity for an HR Generalist interested in building a career with a Corporate Human Resources team! The successful applicant will be self-motivated, with the ability to take a proactive approach and effectively prioritize work to ensure that all tasks and projects are completed timely with the utmost attention to detail.
- Manage the Career Advancement Matrix for all positions across all groups and brands under Keeley Companies in partnership with Keeley U.
- Complete assignments in supporting executive and management teams with goal planning and performance management.
- Oversee new hire onboarding, orientation, offboarding and plan development for all L Keeley Business Units across the nation.
- Conduct team member interviews including 30,60, and 90 interviews with new hires, exit interviews and touch base conversations.
- Collaborate with all business units to share, develop and apply consistency with best practices.
- Respond to team member queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Manage compliance with federal, state, local employment laws and regulations
- Configures and manages system workflows, calculated fields, condition rules, eligibility rules, data setup, etc. in alignment with HRIS methodology.
- Applies an innovative and creative approach to the development of ideas, enhancements and potential solutions.
- Participates in and/or facilitates HRIS enhancement efforts (e.g., prototype demos, future-state design sessions, use case development, etc.) while understanding business needs and system requirements.
- Leads and assists with the analysis and review of system upgrades and new functionality while identifying potential impacts and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release.
- Monitor’s reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and proactively identifies potential solutions for increased efficiency and enhancements.
- Completing & leading all special projects associated with HRIS or other HR programs.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, related degree or has equivalent combination of work experience plus three years of work experience successfully performing primary responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Possess PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, preferred.
The HR Generalist will be a trusted partner for the People & Culture team responsible for administering benefits and providing compliance expertise to our veterinary hospitals.
- Hospital Integrations
- Assist with new hospital integrations including reviewing data and submitting to HRIS for import.
- Incorporate new hospitals into Paycor and manage hospital handbooks.
- Email all new team members during onboarding.
- Maintain and update integration checklist, as well as People & Culture tracker.
- Mail out compliance posters to new hospitals.
- HR Administration & Compliance
- Ensure timely and accurate entries & approvals of changes to the HRIS, Paycor.
- Maintain team member records in compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Review and respond to employment verifications and unemployment claims, providing appropriate documentation.
- Respond to HR-related inquiries from applicants, team members, and vendors.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of internal processes providing best practice recommendations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in all areas of human resources.
- Work with HRBP and Chief People & Culture Officer to implement and maintain performance management system.
- Special Projects
- Assist team with additional HR duties as needed.
- May assist with recruiting needs for both HQ and hospitals.
- New Hire and Onboarding Process
- Launch onboarding and background checks for all new hires.
- Review all background checks for any items that needs sign off.
- Load new Team Members in HRIS.
- Prepare and host orientation for all HQ new hires.
- Reconcile People & Culture credit card statement.
- Run reports as needed.
Key skills and qualifications
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as HR Generalist
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyze and present information in such a way that it is understood by everyone within the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extremely well organized and methodical in your approach to problem solving.
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with HRIS, Paycor experience a plus.
- Previous benefits administration and leave administration experience.