Non-profit organization in St. Louis is seeking a temporary Grant Writer. The selected candidate will prepare proposals and grant applications by researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private hunger related grant opportunities. Candidate must be an organized, critical-thinker with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes and can effectively produce quality work within tight time constraints. tours and public speaking events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of organizations mission.
- Compile, write, and edit grant applications
- Compose program appropriate budgets
- Research corporate and foundation grant makers for funding opportunities, including matching gifts
- Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities
- Supply program appropriate progress reports when required by grant maker
- Other duties as assigned; including, but not limited to:
- Provide content for various collateral and social media fundraising articles
- Attend relevant meetings that help strengthen the Foodbank’s visibility in the community
- Assist with corporate special/cause related marketing events
- Assist with data entry of donor gifts when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Prior experience in grant writing
- Solid understanding of fund development principles & ethics
- Excellent computer skills solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and expository writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.