Snelling has opportunities in foodservice with an area school system and also Senior Citizen activity centers. These organizations are looking for candidates with food service, dishwashers, bussers and other opportunities in their cafeterias. These positions are part-time positions (Mondays through Fridays). The salary range is $10.00 – $10.50 per hour. Great opportunity if you are looking for a part-time position.
Food Service Workers Duties:
Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of foodservice environments. May perform such duties as preparing salad items, hot foods, and/or cold foods, and/or assisting in the preparation of bakery items, as appropriate to the position. Assist in cleaning work areas, equipment, utensils. May assist in the setup, and service; and collection of garbage/trash; as appropriate to the area of operation. May serve food to customers and/or perform cashiering duties, as appropriate.
- Sets up food service, kitchen, or salad area facilities, equipment, and utensils, under detailed instruction, in accordance with specific area needs; checks food temperatures and/or prepares areas for daily operations; may operate cooking or bakery equipment as assigned.
- Conveys food and supplies from the main kitchen, bakery, and/or salad preparation area to the serving site either by carrying or by utilizing a motorized cart.
- Follows prescribed procedures in setting up hot and cold food lines; chooses proper utensils and sets the steam line to appropriate temperature for menu items.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of hot and cold meat and vegetable dishes, beverages, salads, sandwiches, pie fillings, simple bakery items, salad dressings, and/or other similar food items, as appropriate to the position.
- As appropriate to the position, serves food items to customers from counters and/or steam tables, in accordance with specific instructions, ensuring that appropriate portions are served.
- May serve a range of hot and cold food items from counters and steam tables; adds relishes and garnishes according to instructions.
- As needed, replenishes foods, silverware, glassware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; they may order and replenish condiments.
- Fills ice cream, yogurt, and/or ice machines, if present in the area of operation; ensures that machines are cleaned and maintained, as necessary.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- May clean and maintain work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers; as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Washes pots, pans, and other service-ware ensuring sanitary handling; organizes and replaces service-ware to appropriate location.
- May perform cashier duties, as required.
- May provide guidance and training to other employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Food Service Workers Job Requirements
- High school; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Knowledge of foodservice lines set-up and temperature requirements.
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.